GettingItDone® is a hands-on management seminar featuring highlights from the award-winning MBA course at the Rotman School of Management. "It" being your vision – it's all about execution!
Over the course of the day you will get to work through seven, tested and proven, effectiveness management tools that are designed to help you make immediate and effective changes back at your place of work. These tools include:
- Decision Making Methods (Who should be in the room)
- Consensus Decision Making (How to get /where you need commitment & support)
- Cross Functional Excellence (XFX) tool to clarify inter-dependencies within a team, across functions … ('Who' is on first, 'What' is on Second …)
- Performance Agreement (Basic tool to provide role clarity and accountability for any position)
- Managerial Styles Assessment and Model, and situational management (Are you the "bull in the china shop"? Self-assessment to be done in advance)
- Meetings Process Assessment (Can we reduce the time we waste in meetings?)
- Monday Morning Action List (WHAT has to get done by WHO by WHEN - more execution and accountability)
Who Should Attend?
Leaders and managers from all levels who want to achieve their individual role and organizational objectives at a strategic and tactical level.
This is a sample schedule for the GettingItDone® workshop
Introduction, GID® Overview
AM break: 15 mins
Lunch: Noon – 1 pm
PM break: 15 mins
Eight GID® Management Tools Today:
Tool 1: Effective Team Decision Making Methods
Tool 2: Using "Consensus" Decision Making
Tool 3: XFX Decision Rights Tool (R-Matrix)
Tool 4: Role Clarity Tool (Performance Agreement)
Tool 5: Self-Management (Reddin: 3-D Theory & YOU)
Tool 6: Meetings & Meetings Process Effectiveness Tool
Tool 7: Accountability: Monday Morning Action List
Fee: $895 CAD + HST
Before beginning the registration process, please review our policies. To register, please click the link below and complete the form.
*Are you using Internet Explorer? Have you updated Chrome or Firefox lately?
Due to new browser security requirements, those using older or incompatible browsers may encounter technical difficulties. If you encounter a blank screen when you try to start your online payment process, please see our Having Trouble? page.
Rotman Executive Program graduates or Rotman MBA / EMBA alumni are eligible for a discount equivalent to 10% of the program tuition. In addition, partner discounts are also offered for some programs. Where program applicants are eligible for more than one discount, only the greater discount will be applied towards the tuition fee. Discounts are not redeemable for cash.
*Participants will be responsible for their own travel, accommodation and incidental costs. Participants requiring accommodation during the program are eligible for preferred Rotman rates at select hotels. For more information contact an Executive Programs representative at firstname.lastname@example.org..