MFin students live and work in the Toronto area, have an undergraduate degree, and relevant work experience in finance or business. MFin students expect to accelerate their careers to become a future finance leader.
1. Work Experience
- Minimum of two years of work experience in finance or a finance-related field is required
- On average applicants have five years of work experience. View our MFin class profile for more detail.
2. Undergraduate Degree
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 or a mid-B average in the final year of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- If you studied outside of Canada, use the School of Graduate Studies' International Degree Equivalencies site to calculate your GPA
- Candidates who do not meet the GPA requirement may be eligible for non-standard admission
3. GMAT / GRE Score or CFA Level III or UFE/CFE passed for the CA designation
- A GMAT or GRE score must be submitted; OR
- Candidates who have passed CFA Level III are exempt from the GMAT/GRE entrance requirement; OR
- Candidates who have passed UFE or CFE through the CA designation are exempt from the GMAT/GRE entrance requirement; OR
- Candidates who graduated from the University of Toronto with high distinction are exempt from the GMAT/GRE entrance requirement
- The GMAT range for the 2018 class was 560-740. The average score was 650.
Candidates who wish to request exemption from the GMAT because of completing CFA level III, UFE or CFE through the CA designation should contact the CFA or CA to request a letter outlining which level they have passed. Please ask them to cc us on their reply to you.
Candidates who are writing the CFA level III examination in June may apply for conditional admission.
GMAT test code: BTD-KS-41
GRE test code: 0853
- 2 work references, submitted as part of the online application
- 1 written essay & 1 video essay, submitted as part of the online application
- All candidates who are admitted to the program will be interviewed. Interviews are by invitation only
7. English Language Proficiency
One of the following:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree from a recognized English language university
- TOEFL iBT (internet based test) score of 100 overall, with a minimum of 22 on speaking and writing. TOEFL test code: 8696.
- IELTS score of 7.0
The application fee is CDN$175.